A total of 30 semester credit hours, or ten 3‐hour graduate level classes, are required to complete degree requirements for the MSEM.
Core requirements (12 credit hours):
- EMGT 5033 Introduction to Engineering Management
- INEG 5443 Decision Models
- OMGT 5463 Economic Decision Making
- OMGT 5783 Project Management
Engineering Sequence (9 credit hours):
Choose three courses from the available online engineering (non‐OMGT) courses.
Electives (9 credit hours):
Choose three courses from the available EMGT, OMGT, engineering courses, or other approved
graduate level courses.
- EMGT 5793 Risk Management
- OMGT 5003 Introduction to Operations Management
- OMGT 5253 Leadership Principles and Practices
- OMGT 5423 Operations Management & Global Competition
- OMGT 5653 Introduction to Data Analytics
- OMGT 5983 Advanced Project Management
A thesis is not required; however, students will be required to complete a comprehensive oral exam. A minimum of 80% of the course work, including all core and engineering sequence courses, must be completed prior to the comprehensive oral exam.
Students must also maintain a >=3.0 GPA; no credit will be received for courses with “D” or “F” grades, though they will be calculated into the GPA. A student has six years to complete all degree requirements.